Contributors

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Trader Joe's Fruit and Vegetable Wash

Last weekend Michael and I went and got a few groceries for this week. While we were at HEB we got a bag of grapes! Grapes are one of my favorite fruits! I do not know if it's because they are small and easy to eat or if it is because they are just sooo good.

I wanted to share with you a jewel I found at Trader Joe's last summer while in San Antonio! (I could spend about 4 hours in a grocery store like that..I am just saying!) I found a fruit and vegetable wash to wash your fruit and vegetables. I guess exactly what it says, huh? I never knew why to wash your fruits and vegetables except to get all the bugs and dirt off of them. One year in college I did a research paper on what farmers are putting on our fruits and vegetables. They are putting pesticides on our foods to keep the bugs off of them.  If you would like to find out more about pesticides you may go to this link.

This is the bottle I got last summer



 I filled a bowl with water and put about two tablespoons of the Traders Joe's Fruit and Vegetable Wash into the bowl. I mixed the water and the wash together and then I placed my fruit into the bowl. I left the fruit there for about 30 seconds. 

Then I started to stir the grapes around in the bowl for about 10-20 seconds.



Then the last step I rinsed the grapes.


Since I have been washing our fruits and vegetables with this wash, I have been able to tell a difference in how good they taste. These grapes were not organic either. I know grapes are on the "dirty dozen list," but sometimes you just have get what your are able to get!

I will be interested in making my own fruits and vegetable wash in the future! Do you make your own wash other than using just water? Please comment below! I would love to hear how you wash your fruits and vegetables!


Here are a few blogs with DIY Fruit and Vegetable Wash.
Mindi Tercero

No comments:

Post a Comment