Contributors

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend/Skeet Shooting

This past weekend for Easter we ventured to Hobbs America.   We are making regular trips due to my grandma being diagnosed with cancer back in the beginning of February of this year.  On the boys agenda every weekend when we go to Hobbs is shooting guns. Mine can look different from shopping to cooking meals to freeze for the next coming weeks.
This past weekend I helped clean and organize two freezers. I made an excel sheet of the food in each freezer. I love doing food things! I love to organize and get it on paper too! So this is right up my alley. I love cooking which is why that is part of my job at House of Faith.

I hurried through the organization of the freezers so I could go shooting with the guys. We did not shoot at targets but at skeet. If you are not familiar with skeet shooting it is a form of clay-pigeon shooting in which targets are hurled from two traps at varying speeds and angles. Here is the skeet trap that we use.
 I shot about 75 rounds. The first couple of times I shot I would say "ouch!" The gun had a little kick to it. This was about the 3rd time I had ever shot a gun. Out of the 75 rounds I maybe hit about 3 skeet! I am proud of that!!! Maybe next time I will hit five!

Michael on the other hand has an awesome shot! When I would say "Pull," which means someone pushes a button and the skeet goes flying in the air, about three other guns were aimed at the skeet that I would miss. Any time Michael would say "Pullllll" he would usually ALWAYS get them!! I was so proud! My dad and brother are awesome at the sport as well! I am a little jealous I must say. They all are so patient with me in teaching me.
 Here are all the guys lined up to get the skeet that comes out of the skeet machine. My dad sitting on the truck was the one who was pushing the button when people would say "Pull!" They would see who could get it first! It was fun game.

This is the end result of all our shot gun shells and our guns laying out on the table! It was a pretty epic afternoon. We had to go home because we shot all the skeet that we had. 

We had a great weekend at the Berry home but sure did miss our little nephews Easter egg hunt back in San Angelo.
Look at our awesome family! This is Mia, Bernie, Little Bernie, Isaiah, and Caleb

Here is Michael's mom and the boys!

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter! Christ is Alive! He Lives!
Luke 24:6-7
6He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:7'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment