Contributors

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hobbies

My first post. So I normally start hobbies in order to fellowship with people. I dont hate doing these things i actually really love them. Starting with my love for the cowboys. I started liking the cowboys cause my dad and my family loves them and it did help that they were winning back to back champion ships in the early 90s Love is in a understatment in that case. I used to bmx not only cause it was fun it kept me at House of Faith but it led me to a great influnence/best man in my life joe funk. Regardless of how terrible i was at it i stuck with it cause of the life that was poured into me and the relationships i had with those i rode with. The trips i took to skateparks around texas and colorado. 
Fishing i started fishing when i was a little boy i remember fishing in massachucettes with my sister mia. I used to fish the concho underneath the chadbourne bridge. I used to catch perch with corn i remember a stringer with 9 perch. Now in my late 20s i find myself rolling up on a crappie hole with my friend carlos or taking trips to the coast to fish sheeps head to almost limiting out for the day .Fishing with derek at lake nasworthy . Or taking my nephews, one of them caught a baby black bass one time.  Ive constantly been outfished by my brother-in-law Aaron time and time again at lake allen henry or jug fishing catfish to stock up for fish frys with the family. I even fished  with my fiance at the time. I would setup two chairs and enjoyed the quiet or listening to some worship with her.
   Now comes my newest hobbie as of late. I had been wanting to play a disc golf course in hobbs we would pass it on our way to the shot gun range. Ive played in the past with friends but never gotten too serious with it, it was as always  a new thing that i did to fellowship. But not this particular time i didnt really care to do it with anyone. I invited people to come and play a round with me but never had any takers. Not really many peoples cup of tea. Except for max i forced him to go and he really likes it. I take him when i play the Course near our house. I dont everyone though, throw the disc find the disc repeat till you make it into the basket. You could birdie the hole be done in about 2 or 3 shots depending on your put. Get real aggressive and theres a chance you could be over on the hole by 2 or 3 strokes. Your risk either pays off or increases your score. Either way i find myself playing sometimes 36 holes  on a weekend. I found out theres about 6 courses in san angelo alone pluse the one in hobbs where my in laws live. I played once, i woke up early and played one morning took me a little longer than usual cause i had to figure it out. No map  i just had to figure out holes and tee offs. Its not something i do with alot of people ive only played alone since ive started playing again. My phone keeps score with the apps ive downloaded and provides the sermons, worship music or music im feeling. Max usually gets tied to my blue backpack i use to keep with his 15ft yellow leash i made using a carribeaner and leash hook. He goes crazy everytime ive grab the leash. This has been the one hobbie ive started with myself.  ive found myself fellowshipping with the Lord through music or through a message ive downloaded through our church or matt chandler. So in some way ive done this to fellowship with the Lord. To enjoy meaningful conversations like ive had in the past with joe carlos aaron or anyone ive shared time with. If people join me cool, if they dont ill be fine walking with my boy max at my side talking to Jesus hearing from him and just enjoying the peace that comes from him. 

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

No comments:

Post a Comment