Contributors

Monday, April 7, 2014

Physical Therapy


Michael and I! He would carry in my backpack, water bottle, bible, and ten million other things when I was in my boot!


A few months ago after an indoor soccer game I came to a point in my life where my foot hurt so bad that I could not walk. I stood up in the living room and asked Michael if he would help me walk. He thought I was just kidding and said, "Are you kidding me?" We had only been married for about a month! 

Needless to say I made a foot appointment after my grandma (Nana) kept text me to remind me to make a doctors appointment! (YUP! SHE TEXTS!) After going in to see the doctor he first thought I had a stress fracture! He told me things like, "You could lose your foot, do not walk a lot, I am giving you crutches because I think you are going to walk a lot." I was in a boot and crutches for a month till I went back to see the doctor again. When I went back for a check up, I asked him if we could try a knee scooter for a week or two before we tried an MRI! He said it was worth a try!

That being said I was on a knee scooter our 2nd month of being married! It was hard to do anything around the house from cooking to cleaning to washing clothes! I have one amazing husband ladies! He was doing it all! At times I took it for granted! We both hated that I was in a boot! I hated it because I would see my husband doing things that I thought was my job to do around the house. Then I saw things that needed to get done but I could not do it because I was limited to what I could do. I do not think anyone really enjoys being crippled! 

After being on the knee scooter for two weeks, I went in for another check up. He concluded I have plantar fasciitis! WebMD definition says, "Plantar fasciitis (say "PLAN-ter fash-ee-EYE-tus") is the most common cause of heel pain. The plantar fascia camera.gif is the flat band of tissue (ligament) that connects your heel bone to your toes. It supports the arch of your foot. If you strain your plantar fascia, it gets weak, swollen, and irritated (inflamed). Then your heel or the bottom of your foot hurts when you stand or walk." With six weeks being in a boot, that was the conclusion! Now I have been doing physical therapy for the past three weeks. Since I was in the boot I lost all flexibility in my foot. I basically was not walking right. I am hoping this week is the last week for physical therapy! My check book can not afford anymore doctor bills! This has been one expensive foot!

I am so grateful to have limbs that work!
Me at Physical Therapy using the tens unit!
Now I have one of my own to use at home..Mike has been enjoying it too! Thanks Heather Hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment