Contributors

Monday, April 14, 2014

Wonderful White Bread Recipe

If you are like most Americans..well most humans..WE LOVE BREAD! Growing up my family and I would go Sundays to church and then go to grandmas house for lunch. Still to this day I love my grandmas cooking (ALL three of my grandmas cooking)!

All my grandmas have enjoyed cooking since I could remember. Even when I was little they would let me help in the kitchen. I would help sprinkle marshmallows on top of the sweet potatoes or help put the ingredients in the bowl to make peppermint cookies. Some main dishes that these wonderful women have cooked include homemade chicken and dumb-lings, beans and corn bread, jambalaya , sweet potatoes at Thanksgiving, and chicken and rice. Let us not forget about the sweets table! Sweets table includes cookie cakes, divinity, popcorn candy, peanut brittle, punch bowl cake, blueberry cheese cake and many more! All of these smells of bread making or cookies baking reminds me of childhood. But today I am going to share a bread recipe that I always got at grandmas house. Well we got it at her house if she did not for get to get it out of the microwave! She is the type of lady to make things in advance and freeze the meals or breads until it is needed for a meal.

A few years a go I invested in a bread maker. It was one of the worst and best decisions of my life. Knowing how much I love bread and knowing how bad it is for me are thoughts that go through my head. I just have to tell myself to keep it to moderation! I love a house that smells like bread. Call me weird if you like! :D

Wonderful White Bread Recipe

★★★★★
Breads
Prep 10 min ∙ Cook 180 min ∙ Makes 16 ∙ Source Tasteofhome.com

Ingredients

  • 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
  • 1 egg
  • 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 3-1/4 cups bread flour
  • 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast

Directions

In a bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).

Notes(These are my grandmas notes)

8-11
Very good
Good sandwich bread
Makes good toast
Good flavor
I added 1tbsp gluten
Makes big loaf
Try making half the recipe

Nutritional Info

Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 slice) equals 111 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment